This week’s FarmVille Podcast is brought to you by FarmVille Community Manager, Lexilicious. The podcast is focused entirely on the English Countryside. You can listen to the video above, read the FarmVille Freak summary below, or read the entire transcript provided by Zynga at the bottom of the post.
The next podcast is scheduled for April 8th 2011.
FarmVille Freak Podcast Summary
FarmVille English Countryside
- New Chapter of FarmVille set in English Countryside
- Travel with The Duke back to his homeland and help repair a farm.
- Premium English soil.
Traveling to England
- Need to be Level 20 farmer.
- The Duke gives you a deed to farm in England.
- Place The Duke’s damaged Airship to trigger the quests.
- Whenever you place the Airship on your farm you will trigger the first quest.
- Complete objectives to start another quest, you can bypass objectives with Farm Cash.
- Quest 1: Buy 3 Crates and place on your farm.
- Quest 2: Plant 50 plots of Cotton.
- Quest 3: Bon Voyage Party- Get 35 friends to attend.
Farming in England
- You can return to your “home” farm at any time.
- While you are on one farm the other is paused.
- Paused meaning that all timers are stopped on the inactive farm. Crops will not wither, puppies will not be hungry, and nothing will be in a growing state.
- A neighbor can only visit the farm that you are actively on.
- Map displays your current progress and that of your neighbors.
- You can also help each other out by using the Village Map, in one click!
- Help your neighbors by simply clicking on the “Get Help” button. It will then post a feed to their Facebook wall sharing an item that they need for their current quest.
- You can help one neighbor per day.
- As you complete more sections of the map, the shadowed area will be displayed showing the current building.
- To learn more about the Village Map refer to our FarmVille Freak article by clicking here.
1) Q: Do I have to go to England? A: No.
“The answer to this one is simple. No! You don’t have to complete any of the quests and you can continue on your own farm any time you want. We want you to go to England to experience all the new features, items, and quests but you don’t have to.”
2) Q: Is storage universal? Can I transfer items between farms? A: No.
“Currently, Storage is not universal between farms. Each farm has its own individual unique storage space. Once an item is placed on one farm, it cannot be moved to the other farm. “
3) Q: What about my Gift Box? A: Yes & No.
“Many items stored in the Gift Box can be placed/used on either farm. This includes many decorations, buildings and animals. Unique quest items, collections, and certain consumables may only be used on one of the farms, depending on the item. This also means purchases made from the Model Farm, which go straight into the Gift Box, can then be added to whichever farm you wish. Once you place that item, however, it cannot be moved to the other farm.”
4) Q: Where can I get a ram to start sheep breeding? A: Et Tu, Brutus? Quest
“You can get a ram by starting the Sheep Pen quests on your English Farm; by completing them, you will get you Brutus the Ram, which you can breed with. Other rams can be acquired by purchase in the Market or through your neighbor’s feeds if they are sharing newly bred rams.”
*See FarmVille Freak’s English Countryside Quest Master Guide for a rundown on all the quests in the English Countryside!
5) Q: How come I can’t sheep breed on my Home Farm yet?
“Currently, Sheep Breeding is only available in the English Countryside, however we’ll be adding this ability at some point in the future for players who have mastered their English Farms. “
What did you think about information from this week’s Podcast?