FarmVille Freak Michelle's Pig
FarmVille Freak Shannon's Ram
FarmVille Freak Wendy's Pig
FarmVille Mike's Black & Yellow Pig
FarmVille issued a statement a few minutes ago on the official FarmVille Blog addressing “illegal” Sheep and Pig breeding.
If you currently have “illegal” Sheep or Pigs obtained or “adopted” from your Facebook News Feed (or from a neighbor) such as Flashers, which have not yet been released into the FarmVille Market, these animals will no longer breed to produce the same type offspring. For now, this means that specific patterns such as Star and Flasher Sheep will no longer produce Star or Flasher offspring. However, if and when illegal breeds are actually officially released in FarmVille, then these animals will be able to breed again.
The types of patterned Sheep and Pigs that are allowed include the following:
- Sheep: Plain, Striped, and Spotted
- Pigs: Plain and Spotted
Please understand that most of your neighbors who have these “illegal” animals on their farms did not obtain them through hacks nor or they cheating. There is no need to start a FarmVille witch hunt! The spreading of these unreleased animals was so rampant due to legitimate breeding, sharing, and adopting.
Since so many farmers have these “illegal” animals on their farms in which they obtained through legitimate methods, they will be able to keep them and will not be punished. What FarmVille is doing is trying to prevent continued breeding of animals that they did not intentionally release. They are in the process of patching the original methods (hacks) of how these animals were obtained before they were then bred and shared.
We wanted to give an update to everyone regarding certain kinds of disallowed sheep that have been available in FarmVille as well as a similar issue that appeared with pigs this past weekend. Certain types of sheep and pig colors/patterns not yet released have been improperly distributed in FarmVille; we are currently going through the process of making sure this practice stops.
The steps that we have taken are:
- The methods by which players were able to breed unreleased sheep and pig colors and patterns have been closed.
- Players who bred sheep and pigs using illicit methods have had their animals revert to their original base colors and no patterns.
- Pigs and sheep acquired from feed posts (but at some point were generated using illicit methods) will get to retain their unusual colors and patterns. However, attempts to breed with these pigs or sheep will result in default colors and no additional pattern inheritance. Should we release these additional colors or patterns legitimately then players will be able to breed that animal in the appropriate, correct manner. This is not an implication that you or your neighbors have done something wrong. This is a breeding restriction of colors and patterns that as of yet have not intended to be released.
So what’s currently allowed to breed and what’s not?
- Most current colors are allowed but the “flashing” colors are definitely not.
- Currently Allowed Sheep Patterns: Plain, Spotted, Striped
- Currently Allowed Pig Patterns: Plain, Spotted
Again, the intention is to stop the distribution of colors and patterns that are not currently intended but not to punish our players who have acquired these animals legitimately. When we do release these colors or patterns, you’ll be able to breed with them just as intended.
(Source: Official FarmVille Blog)
What do you think about this, FarmVille Freaks? Do you have “illegal” Sheep or Pigs on your farm? How does this change your view about breeding?