FarmVille Freak Cow Pasture Guide
Posted on September 21, 2011 11:49 pm by FarmVille Freak Dr. Green Thumb
UPDATE: See updates below on the Dairy Farm changes and clarification.
The new Cow Pasture animal habitat is here! The Cow Pasture will provide you with a new home for your Cows, allow you to collect Farm Coins and Animal Mastery points when harvested and also give you the chance at finding a Calve. There’s more good news- Calf and Foal Mastery is finally coming soon! There’s also at least one more breeding pen still to come. For now get all the details on FarmVille’s latest animal habitat by reading our FarmVille Freak Cow Pasture Guide below.
Coinciding with the release of the Cow Pasture there also a brand new set of FarmVille Quests. You can visit FarmVille Freak’s Cow Pasture Quest Guide for info on all the quests’ requirements and rewards by clicking here.
Quick Cow Pasture Facts
- Cow Pastures can house animals, harvest Farm Coins and Animal Mastery, and breed new Calves.
- Each Cow Pasture houses 20 animals.
- You can own more than one Cow Pasture.
- Cow Pastures can be harvested once per day.
- To qualify for breeding, an animal must be housed inside the Cow Pasture from before the 10% mark until the Cow Pasture is harvested.
- The Cow Pasture does NOT replace Dairy Farms. (Well, sort of. Read below for more details on this subject).
With the release of Cow Pastures, we’ve seen a few changes made to Dairy Farms. First of all, you can keep existing Dairy Farms, but it will not produce any new Calves. Also, if you would like to keep them be sure to watch out for the pop-up that asks you to trade-in your Dairy Barns for some free Cows. Since the Cow Pastures release Dairy Farm buildings were also removed from the FarmVille Market.
“Note: Now that the new Cow Pasture is here, the Dairy Farm will no longer be available in the Market. If you have an existing Dairy Farm, it will remain on your farm.
- Players will be able to keep their existing Dairy Farms.
- The old Dairy Farms won’t produce calves for any new cows (but current cows will still produce calves that you can share).
- Once the Cow Pasture is released, the first time you click an old Dairy Farm, you’ll be presented with the option to trade-in all their old Dairy Farms for an exclusive cow and Animal Feed. If you decline, you’ll be presented with the offer again every once in a while.
- To get calves that you can keep and share, place a new Cow Pasture! All cows can produce a calf in the new Cow Pasture!” (Source: Official FarmVille Forum)
Constructing Your Cow Pasture
When the update is made available to you on your farm you will see a pop-up like the one above. You can immediately place your Cow Pasture on your farm or if you need to first clear some green space that’s fine too as it will go to your Gift Box for safekeeping.
The Cow Pasture is a constructible building that requires materials to complete. You start off with the frame and work your way to a completed and functional Cow Pasture by adding your collected building materials. You can also opt to purchase a completed ready-to-go Cow Pasture using Farm Cash.
Required Construction Materials for Cow Pasture
- 10x Hay Bundle
- 10x Stone
- 10x Tin Sheet
Obtaining Your Building Materials
- 1. Send and Receive as free gifts via the FarmVille Gifting Page.
- 2. Use the “Ask for Part” button.
- 3. Find (for free) from neighbors’ shares on your Facebook News Feed.
- 4. Purchase directly with Farm Cash via the FarmVille Market.
Breeding with Cow Pasture
In your Cow Pasture you can breed a variety of calves when harvesting your Cow Pasture. Unlike Pig or Sheep breeding, there is no need to have a pair of animals to breed. Instead, breeding is simply done for you with the animals housed inside your Cow Pasture. Each time you harvest your Cow Pasture you have a chance at finding a Calve!
Animals that can be housed or “go inside” your Cow Pasture will be highlighted in blue. There’s also the option to “Look Inside” your Cow Pasture which gives you a rundown on all the animal possibilities available. Animals that appear as translucent are animals that you do not own that may be housed inside.
What do you think of the new Cow Pasture? How does it compare to your already existing Dairy Barns?