FarmVille Freak Neighbor Etiquette: How Can I Help You Today?
FarmVille is a social game, one that we play with friends! Most FarmVille players have spent quite a bit of time finding awesome neighbors that help them obtain items/help them often with their farm. But, just like our neighbors in real life, there certainly are some unsaid rules about being a good FarmVille neighbor.
These etiquette tips and tricks are written within reason and geared towards active players. Just like in real life, let’s all strive to be patient and understanding neighbors, no one is perfect!
This is merely a compilation of feedback formulated with the help of FarmVille Freaks. In no way is it it set rules that all must abide by. FarmVille Freaks love discussing FarmVille and gameplay and this is a discussion of the etiquette involved in FarmVille farming.
These rules are just a starting point, they do not cover all aspects of gameplay.
First, and possibly most important, is free gifting. A good FarmVille Neighbor sends and returns gifts when they can. Now, this is within reason. While it is super nice to get every gift you send returned, some folks just don’t have the time.
Free Gifting Etiquette:
- Try to return gifts when you can
- Send gifts to people that need items
- Respond to Wish List requests on Facebook Newsfeed when you have the time
- Try to respond to help requests in a timely manner!
- Try not inundate neighbors with help requests! One help request per day, per neighbor is a great.
News Feed Bonus Collecting:
- Only collect bonuses from neighbors that you need! Try to leave some love for other players that are looking for items
- Say thank you! ‘Like’ items/bonuses that you collect from neighbors! It is sad when you post a rare tree, animal, or bonus and have no idea who is enjoying it on their farm. This also helps other players from wasting their time clicking on a post that has already been claimed.
News Feed Help Requests:
- Don’t ignore a good ole’ barn/coop raising, give a friend a click
- When neighbors post a Wish List try to help them out. Everyone is busy growing trees and working on buildables!
Crafting, Bushels & Goods:
- When purchasing bushels or finding them on your farm, share! You never know who is in need of a Red Tulip Bushel!
- Not all farmers purchase crafting goods, but it is polite to try and purchase from your neighbors if they request you to do so. We have all been one purchase away from a crafting mastery level and know its frustrating when no one is purchasing that last good!
- Purchase from those who purchase from you. Some farmers (awesome farmers) purchase from their neighbors each and everyday, if you notice a neighbor who continually purchases from you, try to lend a hand and return the favor
- Share your goods! Some farmers have thousands of fuel refills but quite a lot don’t. Free fuel is awesome, so be sure to share your bonus goods so farmers have the opportunity to redeem for extra fuel!
Visiting Neighbors Farms:
This is actually quite controversial, with 300 being the maximum amount of neighbors currently, it would take a significant amount of time to visit each neighbor daily. And even if you do, sometimes the help isn’t very appreciated. There are several items you can click on while visiting a neighbor that allows you to post a bonus directly to their Facebook profile, like the Pig Pen for extra slop.
Farmers seem pretty evenly divided about this, some farmers love any bonus they can get. But, other farmers don’t want their Facebook wall cluttered with posts for all their non-farmer friends to see, or don’t even need the items that are posted.
Each and every neighbor is different about this, try to connect with those neighbors and ask them if they need/want bonuses posted to profile.
However, when new features are being rolled out keep in mind most neighbors would like any help they can get! The first day an new feature or constructible building rolls out, is often the best time to complete it because you can work together fast with other like-minded eager neighbors.
A few general rules of FarmVille Etiquette:
1. Be understanding. Don’t get angry with neighbors who have a lull in playing. Everyone farms at their own pace. Consider that there are always a few days here and there that your neighbors may not be able to play for personal reasons.
2. Help those who help you!
3. Peace not war, just be nice to your neighbors.
And always keep in mind what FarmVille Freak ScarlettElf suggests:
“I love helping neighbors out but sometimes find it overwhelming when I don’t know which person needs what. It would be nice to know sometimes when people need something like posting it on their wall or sending a message. So a good etiquette tip is perhaps asking your neighbors, How can I help today?“
What’s your FarmVille etiquette? What types of things would you consider good or bad farming etiquette?