FarmVille Beehives are here!
Lexilicious first told us about Bees coming to FarmVille in a FarmVille Podcast and tonight they finally made their debut to FarmVille.
You will find one free Beehive in your FarmVille Gift Box. Placing it on your farm prompts more events, the first of which will allow you to share a notice via FaceBook newsfeed stating that you have started building your Beehive and that your FarmVille neighbors can send you free supplies. (All the free Beehive building supplies can be found here.)
FarmVille Beehive in Giftbox
FarmVille Congratulations Beehive Notice
Step 1: Build your Beehive
The Beehive and Bees will be a complex feature that will require you to first build your Beehive.
Building your Beehive will require the help of your neighbors similar to other buildings with purpose.You will need to collect 10 each of the following supplies to build your Bee Hive for a total of 50 supplies:
- Smoker (10)
- Bees Wax (10)
- Wooden Board (10)
- Brick (10)
- Nail (10)
FarmVille Honeybee Beehive Giftable
***Only two rotating Beehive gift supplies will be featured on the FarmVille Gifting Page at one moment. However, you can find all the supplies by using our handy FarmVille Freak Beehive Gifting Links located here.
You will receive one free Smoker with the start of your Beehive foundation. Everyone will receive one free Beehive foundation or you may purchase one for 5,000 coins in the FarmVille Market.
You can obtain Beehive building supplies three ways:
- For Free from your FarmVille neighbors via the Farmville Gifting Page.
- Purchasing supplies directly from the FarmVille Market. (Supplies cost 1 FV$ each)
- “Ask for More” option that you send to your selected neighbors. Use the “Ask For More” button, that is located when you “Look Inside” your Beehive and is found on each remaining supply icon.
Completing 10 of any building component will trigger the option to post a FaceBook newsfeed and allow you to share a supply with the first 10 of your neighbors during a 24 hour period. Reaching 25 items overall will allow you to share a newsfeed for a random building supply for your first 10 neighbors.Finally, completing your Beehive will also allow you to share a newsfeed for another building supply for the first 10 neighbors.
Step 2: Find or Purchase a Queen Bee & Build your Swarm of Bees
After completing your Beehive, you now have to build up your colony of Bees. Now that you have completed your Beehive, it is time to build a colony of bees. Before you can get started on your swarm of Bees you will need to find or purchase a rare Queen Bee.
Finding a Queen Bee (The Free Option):
- Queen Bees can be found when harvesting flower crops on your farm.
- Queen Bees can also be found when fertilizing flower crops on your Neighbor’s farms.
- If you find a Queen Bee you will receive a pop-up notifying you and the Queen Bee will automatically be added to your Beehive.
- You may only possess one Queen Bee per Beehive at any one time.
- If you find a Queen Bee and already are in possession of one, then you are allowed to share it via FaceBook newsfeed. Only one neighbor will be able to “adopt” the Queen Bee.
There are only 3 options for obtaining a Queen Bee for free:
- Finding a Queen Bee on your farm when harvesting FLOWER crops.
- Finding a Queen Bee when fertilizing a neighbor’s farm.
- Adopting one via the FaceBook newsfeed share from a friend that has found a Queen Bee, but already possessed one
Purchasing a Queen Bee (Farm Cash):
- You may buy a Queen Bee from the Hive’s menu for 10 Farm Cash.
Step 3: Build your Colony of Bees
Once you have found your Queen Bee, at that point you can start producing your own swarm of Honeybees to pollinate your crops and receive special rewards!
Begin growing your colony by clicking “look inside” from your Hive’s menu.
Honeybees find pollinated seeds from fertilized crops. So, the more Honeybees that you own, the greater your chances of finding pollinated seeds.What is so special about Pollinated Seeds?
Pollinated seeds will be required to unlock special pollinated crops in the FarmVille Market! Pollinated crops have a higher chance at yielding bushels than normal crops do and Pollinated Crops’ bushels will last for 2 days.
Beehives can house a total of 200 Honeybees. In order to obtain Honeybees, you will have two options:
- Purchasing Honeybees with Farm Cash
- You can purchase Honeybees from your Beehive’s menu by clicking on the “Buy Honeybees” button.
- 5 Honeybees can be purchased for 5 FV$ or farm cash
2. Honeybees as Gifts from Neighbors
- Your FarmVille neighbors can gift you Honeybees via the FarmVille Gifting Page.
- You may ask for Honeybees by using the “Ask for Bees” button.