The delayed official FarmVille Podcast is now live! You can listen to the video above, read the FarmVille Freak Summary below, or read the entire transcript provided by Zynga at the bottom of the post. Lexilicious hosts this week’s podcast and gives us some news about the new Model Farm feature, the release of Valentine’s Day in FarmVille including the buildable Cupid’s Castle collection event, the new 125 collection limit, and finally the coming soon segment which gives us more details on the unreleased Glass House feature as well as “foreign event” teaser introduced by Charlie. What do you think this is about FarmVille Freaks?
FarmVille Freak Podcast Summary – January 24th 2011
- Due to some bugs, not all farmers have access to this new feature.
- Model Farm showcases Limited Edition items or theme on a real life farm so that you can see what it looks like.
- Visit the Model Farm by scrolling to the end of your FarmVille neighbors list (on the right).
- Some items featured on the Model Farm have expired from the Market, others are Limited Edition or regular Market items.
- To learn more about a specific item on the Model Farm mouseover or click it to preview.
- You can purchase items ont the Model Farm directly by clicking the “Buy” button.
- Clicking “Send” allows you to purchase the item and send it to a neighbor.
- Each day you visit the Model Farm you will get a special prize just for visiting.
- The Model Farm will be updated and change with new items and themes.
FarmVille Valentine’s Day Kicks Off
- The Cupid’s Castle is a constructible building that you will be able to harvest for Valentines later.
- You will be able to redeem Valentines for special items in the future.
- The Cupid’s Castle frame is free, but you will need to be at least a level 5 farmer.
- There are 3 Levels to Cupid’s Castle building phase with the following materials needed:
- Level 1 = 12 Parts, Level 2 = 45 parts, Level 3 = 60 parts
- Obtain parts via neighbor requests, free gifts, Special Delivery Boxes, or Farm Cash.
- As each phase is completed the Cupid’s Castle becomes bigger and better!
- If you accidentally delete your Cupid’s Castle you can purchase another frame from the Market.
FarmVille Collection Limit
- Due to automated programs designed to automatically collect all FarmVille news feed shares new limitations were placed.
- Each player has a maximum number of 125 items they can collect from the Facebook news feed per day.
- Any player collecting a high number of feed items per second will be sujbect to a throttle that limits the speed they can collect for the rest of the day.
- Limit resets daily at 9:00 PM (PST)
- Wall-to-wall posts between two neighbors, barn raising requests, and fuel posts do not count toward this limit.
- This limit is not set in stone and FarmVille will be monitoring the results of the limitation and accepting player feedback.
Coming Soon to FarmVille
- Charlie joins Lexilicious to announce some exciting news about a new feature “some very exciting foreign news“.
- The new FarmVille Glass House will be introduced in the coming weeks. It will be a 3 stage expandable building that will allow you to breed your own special crops! These crops can also be mastered. Each stage unlocks more breeding trays so that you can create even more hybrid seeds.
What do you think about this week’s podcast?
To Read the Entire Official Podcast Transcript (more…)