FarmVille English Countryside Sheep
The Sheep have been neglected for far too long, and FarmVille is making up for it in the English Countryside!
As we’ve already heard, in the English Countryside, farmers will have the unique ability to Breed Sheep. However, this is not like any other FarmVille breeding we have experienced before, read more to see why. Sheep Breeding will take place in a Sheep Pen which looks similar to the Pig Pen. You can click the “Look Inside” option which will show the sheep housed inside. The plan is for a basic Sheep Pen to hold up to 20 Sheep, while a fully expanded Sheep Pen can house up to 40 Sheep.
The Sheep Pen will be decked out with “Breeding Rooms” for your Sheep to well, breed of course! To breed Sheep, you will simply click on two Sheep and then select “Breed”. If your Sheep produce a Lamb, you will also be given the opportunity to name it! You also will have the option to keep these little Lambs for yourself or give them away to loving homes. That’s not all, Lambs will have the ability to grow up into adult Rams or Ewes if you first feed them properly by nourishing them with Baby Bottles. Baby Bottles are free giftables that can be found on the FarmVille Free Gifts page.
Sheep Breeding has almost endless possibilities – seriously. The offspring combinations that you can produce with Sheep Breeding is in the million range! For the first time ever, we get to experiment with a genealogical factor. Although Sheep Breeding is randomized, there are an overwhelming amount of possibilities and the two Sheep we select for breeding do play a role in determining the offspring. For example, males determine pattern. At the initial rollout of the English Countryside, farmers will start out with 5 different Sheep to start our breeding endeavors.
We’ve gathered some more random facts about what you can expect from Sheep Breeding in the English Countryside. Read below for more tidbits on this exciting upcoming feature.
Sheep Breeding Facts
- Breeding Sheep has the possibility of producing Lambs.
- Lambs can be named. You will be able to change the name of your Lamb when its a baby or adult.
- Lambs will require that you feed themBaby Bottles if you want them to grow into a Ram or Ewe.
- You cannot transfer Sheep over from your original farm to the English Countryside.
- Sheep Breeding is Random, with no deterministic outcome.
- Offspring is based on DNA of parents genetics, but is not fully predetermined.
- Combinations of patterned sheep is in the thousands or even millions range! There are many, many possibilities for patterns and colors of offspring!!!
- You do not know what a Lamb will look like when it grows up. They are mysterious like that, meaning that if you have a Grey Lamb it could grow into a Purple Star patterned Sheep.
- MALES determine pattern.
- New breeding opportunity for farmers to specialize in such as a color or pattern.
- When your Lamb is fully grown, you will be given Love Potions in which you can share with your farming friends via the Facebook News Feed.
What do you think FarmVille Freaks, are you excited about breeding Sheep in the FarmVille English Countryside?