As you are well aware, FarmVille Hawaiian Paradise has its own special currency- Coconuts.
These Coconuts have been causing quite the confusion and tension among farmers. Specifically, which farms you can actually harvest Coconuts on keeps changing in FarmVille.
When we talk about harvesting Coconuts, we are only referring to those items that produce Coconuts. Many of you also seem confused about this so we’d like to clear that up while we are on topic in the side note below. If this information is insulting your virtual farming expertise, please skip ahead.
Side Note: What’s up with Coconuts?!FarmVille Hawaiian Paradise has two currencies which include Farm Cash and the new Coconuts. Only items designated as Coconut producers will yield Coconuts when harvested. This means that although you may have placed some cool animals on your Hawaiian Paradise farm that you’ve gotten from the Facebook News Feed, found leftover in your FarmVille Gift Box, or even purchased in the FarmVille Market- only the Coconut producing animals will yield Coconuts! This also applies to Hawaiian animal habitats. It doesn’t matter if you have a Hawaiian Horse Paddock full of horses. If they are all regular Farm Coin producing horses, then you will only get Farm Coins when harvesting your Hawaiian Horse Paddock. On the other hand, if you have a stable stocked full of Coral Horses (Limited Edition Hawaiian Paradise item) you will be treated to Coconuts upon harvesting. Remember:
- Only Coconut-producing items (animals/trees) will produce Coconuts.
- Farm Coin-producing items (animals/trees) will produce Farm Coins in FarmVille Hawaiian Paradise.
Be sure to check an item’s market icon as shown in the FarmVille Market and it will display a Coconut value if item is able to produce Coconuts. Read more about Coconuts by clicking here.
Now back to the issue at hand, in case you haven’t been keeping up, here’s a quick recap on Coconuts.
First, certain Coconut-producing items were able to harvest Coconuts on all farms. This was a FarmVille “Known Issue” that later became resolved by making Hawaiian Paradise items able to harvest Coconuts in Hawaiian Paradise only. The original intention was that Hawaiian Paradise items would only be able to harvest Coconuts if they were placed on Hawaiian Paradise farms.
“Coconuts are granted outside of Hawaiian Paradise when harvesting!
Coconuts are granted outside of Hawaiian Paradise when harvesting applicable animals/items.
- Last Update: 3/2/12
- Description: Since the release of Hawaiian Paradise, players have been receiving Coconuts when harvesting applicable animals/items outside of their Hawaiian Paradise farm. Coconuts should only be granted when an item is placed/harvested in Hawaiian Paradise.
- Status: Resolved.” (Source: Official FarmVille Forum)
Then, FarmVille’s official Facebook Fan Page announced on March 6th that they would be allowing players to harvest Coconuts from Hawaiian Paradise items on all farms.
“FarmVille: Your feedback on this is loud and clear! Effective immediately, we are reverting the rules to allow players to harvest coconuts from Hawaiian Paradise items on all farms. ” (Source: Official FarmVille Facebook Fan Page)
“Coconuts Not Being harvested On Other Farms
- Last Update: 3/8/2012
- Description: Since 3-8-2012, players are unable to receive Coconuts for Harvesting Animals or Trees that are Coconut Producers on Farms other than HP.
- Status: The FarmVille studio is aware of these reports and is investigating the issue.
- Workaround: N/A” (Source: Official FarmVille Forum)
Are you Coconut confused? So is everyone else. More details to follow… In the meantime tell us what you think!
Should you be able to harvest Coconuts from Coconut producing items on any farm or just Hawaiian Paradise? Take our Poll below and let’s discuss in the comments.