FarmVille Freak Clubs Guide: A Guide to the new FarmVille Clubs!
Posted on November 21, 2012 6:54 pm by FarmVille Freak FarmGoddess
**Additional Note from Zynga: “Due to some technical issues, the Clubs window has been temporarily disabled. However, you can still get points toward your Club by planting and harvesting crops like you normally would, so do keep planting and check back later! Thank you for your patience!”
The new FarmVille Club Crops arrived this afternoon for some FarmVille Freaks! Note, the Club Crops are different from the previous tiered Century Club Crops and the Space Crops. This is an even newer type of FarmVille exclusive crop that has us working together with our FarmVille friends and neighbors in new FarmVille Clubs.
Here’s the basic rundown. You join or create a FarmVille Club with your FarmVille friends and neighbors. Each week you will work together to grow crops. If your Club earns enough mastery points (relevant to other Clubs) you will have a permanent license to that specific crop. This is a brand new challenge for all you FarmVille Crop Mastery hounds who collect those shiny Crop Mastery signs.
Check out the FarmVille Freak guide below and please let us know if you have any additional questions in the comments below.
Where to Find Clubs
If the update is available to you on your FarmVille farm, there are two ways to access Clubs.
Whenever the update is made available to you on your FarmVille farm, you will see a pop-up inviting you to “Find a Club”. Once you click the button it will take you to the Club Crop feature.
Club Crop Icon
There is also a Club Crop icon located above your in-game FarmVille neighbor bar. It can be found directly above the neighbor bar in the middle.
Get your Club on! (Creating & Joining FarmVille Clubs)
Now that you’re ready to go “clubbing” it’s time to pick the place!
Here’s what you will need to know to create or join a Club. There are two types of clubs for your to create and join- public and private.
Types of Clubs
- Private Clubs: Private Clubs are only visible to the people who created and have been invited to join this type of club. A private club is a club that a FarmVille player has created and invited only certain Farmers to join. If you are invited to join a club, you will see that club in the list of clubs you can browse to join.
- Public Clubs: Open to any FarmVille player and there is no limit to the number of people who can join the Public Club.A public club is a club that a FarmVille player has created and made accessible to the FarmVille public. Any FarmVille player can see and join a public club.
Joining a Club
You can create or join either type of club (public or private). However, you can only be a member of ONE CLUB AT A TIME.
How to Join a Club
- 1)To join a club, click on the “+” symbol that can be found on the upper left corner of the Clubs window.
- 2) Select “Browse” to join a club.
Creating a Club
Not seeing a club you’d like to join? Create your own! If you’d prefer to create your own club, that’s okay too. You can create your very own public or private club.
How to Create a Club
- 1) To join a club, click on the “+” symbol that can be found on the upper left corner of the Clubs window.
- 2) Select “Create” tab to create your own club.
- 3) A new menu will open up of the parts you will need in order to create a club.
Constructing a Club
If you opt to create your own club, you will need to collect parts for your club. There are several ways to obtain parts for your club and each of the different ways are listed below.
Obtaining Club Parts
- 1. Get parts by posting a request to the Facebook News Feed.
- 2. Purchase parts directly using Farm Cash.
- 3. Pay 60 FV$ to start club immediately.
Here’s what the Club menu looks like once you’ve completed the construction process:
If you’ve opted to create your own Club, you will be able to change the settings on it at any time by clicking on the “Club Settings” button found on the upper left-hand corner of the Club menu as shown below.
Inviting Friends to Join Private Clubs
If you decide to make your Club private, you will need to invite your friends to join. All you need to do is click on the “Invite” button found on the middle of the main Clubs menu screen. Select the friends and neighbors you’d like to invite to your Club. Then, once you’ve invited them, your invitation will be displayed in the list of Clubs they can browse to join.
FarmVille Club Roles
So now that you’ve joined a FarmVille Club- what are we all doing here? Each person has a role to play in the Club. This is important because the Leader of the Club and the Expert Farmer roles will make a difference in how your Club’s harvests are counted! In other words, you don’t want a lazy Club leader because their harvest totals will count a whole 150 times more than a normal Club member.
Leader of a Club – the person who created the FarmVille Club.
- Can Leave messages to other members of the Club using the message window on the manin menu.
- When the leader harvests crops, their harvests counts x150 of the Club’s overall score.
- Special Badge next to their profile picture in the Club Leaderboard window
Expert Farmer: the person with the top harvests in the FarmVille Club.
- Harvest counts x80 toward the Club’s overall score.
- Special Badge next to their profile picture in the Club Leaderboard window
SO what’s the point of all these Club shenanigans? The purpose of joining a FarmVille Club is to compete alongside your Club friends and against other FarmVille Clubs in special plant and harvest competitions. Each week there will be one special crop that is only available to Club participants. The goal of each Club is to plant and harvest as a team as many crops as possible within the time limit.
The Crop of the Week, along with crops for future contests, can be found in the panel on the left-hand side of the Clubs menu as shown below.
Click on a contest icon to see the FarmVille-wide Leaderboard for that contest:
The Club Leaderboard scores are not updated instantaneously. It may take some time for the scores to appear, so be sure to check back later.
Club Contest Rules (directly from Zynga.com)
- To compete in the Clubs contests, simply click the “Plant Now” button at the bottom of your Clubs screen.
- This will put you into planting mode.
- Plant as many of the special crop as you can. You can do this on any or all of your Farms. (Note: all the special crops for Clubs are land crops. No need to use water or terrace plots to plant them!)
- Do this as many times as you want or can during the time allowed!
Time Limits & Advancing to Next Crop
Each Club crop contest lasts one week or seven days. You can see how much time is left in a contest at the bottom of the Clubs window.
At the end of a week, if your Club is in the top 50% of the Club Leaderboard for that specific crop, you can advance and move on to the next crop. Important- if your Club does not get into the top half, you will need to play the contest over again and get into the top half before you can advance.
Winning the Club Contests & CROPS!
To win a round of the crop harvesting contests, your Club needs to be in the top half (50%) of the Leaderboard by the end of the time limit. You can view your standing compared to other FarmVille Clubs in the meter as shown in the example below.
You can also see the Leaderboard by clicking on “Top Clubs” found on the left-hand side of your screen as shown below.
Once your FarmVille CLub wins a round, you will earn yourselves a permanent license for the crop that you were working on and harvesting. Each of these FarmVille Club crops are masterable, just like any other FarmVille crop found in the market.
Many of you may not be interested in this seemingly complicated feature or think you have enough time to participate, but I’m sure it will appeal to some FarmVille Freak crop mastery hounds who willingly accept a new challenge. Besides, the usual shiny Crop Mastery signs, you will also have a ne shiny Club trophy to show off. Each time your Club wins, you will receive a trophy.
So what do you think, FarmVille Freaks? I’m sure that most of you need some time to marinate on this new feature (if you have access to it) and actually try it out for yourselves before you can formulate a good opinion. Based on what you’ve read, are you interested in the new FarmVille Clubs and the exclusive crops they provide? Take our poll below!